Govardhan Pooja | Anakoot
- 22 Oct 2019
- By Astromaitri
Govardhan Puja holds outrageous significance in Hindu religion. This celebration epitomizes the nature and the individuals. As per the Hindu Calendar, Govardhan Puja or Annakoot is recognized on the main day of Shukla Paksha in the long stretch of Kartik. This celebration is commended all through the nation, however its substance arrives at top in North India exceptionally in the territories of Vraj Bhumi including Mathura, Vrindavan, Nandgaon, Gokul, and Barsana. The previously mentioned spots are huge concerning the celebration as here itself, Lord Krishna energized the individuals of Gokul for Govardhan Pooja and destroyed the egotism of Lord Indra.
Govardhan Puja Date and Scriptures
Govardhan Puja is praised on the primary day of Shukla Paksha in the long stretch of Kartik and it very well may be reasoned in the accompanying manner:-
- Govardhan Pooja ought to be commended on the principal day of splendid portion of the Hindu lunar month of Kartik. Be that as it may, there's a condition to it, according to the consecrated writings, the moon ought not to ascend around evening time inside the given time span of Puja Muhurat.
- In the event that on the main day of splendid portion of the Hindu lunar month of Kartik at the hour of nightfall, there is a likelihood that Moon would rise then Govardhan Puja ought to be done on the day preceding.
- On the off chance that at the hour of dawn Pratipada date wins and there is no indication of Moon rise at that point, Govardhan Pooja ought to be praised around the same time. What's more, in the event that it isn't in this way, at that point Govardhan Puja ought to be done on the earlier day.
- When Pratipada date wins upto 9 muhurat after the dawn regardless of there is a moon ascend at night yet there ought to be a non-presence of complete moon rise. In this condition Govardhan Puja ought to be commended around the same time.
Govardhan Puja Rules and Procedure
Govardhan Puja is extremely huge in the life of the individuals of India. There is additionally a convention of revering Lord Varuna, Indra and Agni on this specific day. On this day, Govardhan Parvat, Godhan demonstrating cow and Lord Krishna holds furthest significance. This celebration announces us a message that human life is to a great extent reliant on the essential components and assets of nature and subsequently, we ought to be conscious and appreciative to our Mother Nature. It is Govardhan Pooja, through which we express our regard towards the normal assets which we acquire.
- Upon the arrival of Govardhan Pooja, Govardhan produced using bovine compost is made and are embellished with blossoms. Normally Govardhan Puja is done either toward the beginning of the day or at night. During the Pooja, water, organic products, incense sticks and oblation are offered to Govardhan. Likewise on this very day, cow bull and creatures utilized for rural reasons for existing are additionally adored.
- A model of Govardhan Ji is produced using dairy animals waste on the ground and a dirt light is put on the maritime. Put milk, curd, gangajal, nectar, solidified sugar (Pataashe) in the light during the puja time and after that prasad is appropriated.
- After the puja, everybody hails for Govardhan Ji while spinning around the symbol. While doing this, water from a vessel is made to spill and the unrest is finished by planting the grain on the ground.
- Govardhan Giri is known as a type of God and adoring him on this day reinforces you monetarily, promising for the improvement of youngsters, and for upgrading the dairy animal’s milk.
- Upon the arrival of Govardhan Pooja, Lord Vishwakarma is likewise adored. On this event, machines are additionally venerated in the processing plants and ventures.
Govardhan Puja Ceremonies
- The celebration of Govardhan Puja is a commitment to nature and Lord Krishna. On this event strict functions and bhandara (a dining experience for all) are sorted out in the sanctuaries all through the nation. After the puja, nourishment is disseminated among the individuals as Prasad. `
- Spinning around Govardhan Parvat upon the arrival of Govardhan Pooja has a critical pushed. It is accepted that by making the upsets, favors of Lord Krishna is seeked.
Legend Behind Govardhan Puja
The criticalness of Govardhan Puja has been depicted and expounded in the Vishnu Purana. It is accepted that Lord Indra was overbearing with his forces, so as to break his haughtiness, Lord Krishna went to the front. As indicated by a legend, when individuals in Gokul were planning different luxuries and were singing tunes with incredible eagerness. Seeing this, Bal Krishna approached Maa Yashoda that for which event individuals are making arrangements. Maa Yashoda addressed that they are adoring Lord Indra. At that point, again Krishna asked Maa Yashoda that for what good reason do they love Lord Indra. Maa Yashoda addressed that they get a decent deluge, grub for dairy animals and generation of grains by the finesse of Lord Indra. On tuning in to his mom, Krishna said that on the off chance that it is along these lines, at that point they should love Govardhan Parvat in light of the fact that dairy animals feed on the grasses and plants and trees structure the purposes behind great precipitation. Individuals of Gokul consented to the Krishna's unique circumstance and they began the Puja. On seeing this, Lord Indra wound up irate and so as to retaliate for his affront began heavy rains in Gokul. On observing this substantial storm, individuals of Gokul were alarmed and hysterical. At that point, Lord Krishna by displaying his forces lifted the Govardhan Parvat on his little finger and made the individuals of Gokul to come underneath the Govardhan Parvat. Watching this, Lord Indra made downpour increasingly substantial, however even following 7 consistent long periods of outrageous precipitation individuals of Gokul were protected enough. At that point, Lord Indra understood that the individual defying him isn't a common individual. At the point when Lord Indra found that he was testing Lord Krishna, at that point Lord Indra apologized to Lord Krishna and he himself loved Lord Krishna. This is the manner by which started the love and the substance of Govardhan Parvat.
Upon the arrival of Govardhan Pooja, upheaval around the Govardhan Parvat is exceptionally significant. Govardhan Parvat is arranged in Mathura region of Uttar Pradesh where consistently lakhs of lovers visit there to make upheavals around the Govardhan Parvat.
Annakoot for Govardhan Puja
On the event of Govardhan Pooja, Annakoot is sorted out in the sanctuaries. Annakoot implies blend of different grains which is utilized as an offering for Lord Krishna so as to love him. At certain spots, khichdi of pearl millet is readied and notwithstanding this Puri is additionally arranged. Together with Annakoot, desserts produced using milk and different luxuries are set up to idea as 'bhoga' to Lord Krishna. After the Puja, these delights are circulated among the lovers. In different sanctuaries, the during the event of Annakoot throughout the night vigil, melodies and move is likewise performed and a prosperous life is longed by the veneration of Lord Krishna.