Chath Pujan | Chath
- 31 Oct 2019
- By Astromaitri
Chhath Puja 2019 - Importance, History and Significance
Chhath Puja is a four-day-long celebration celebrated in the Northern districts of India and Nepal. It is devoted to the Sun God, Surya and His associate, Chhath Maiya. Fans look for their gifts for the general prosperity and flourishing of the family. The love of the Sun likewise fixes an assortment of ailments and guarantees the life span of relatives.
The celebration is particularly significant for Bihari’s and it is praised with a lot of adoration and display by them. The streets are cleaned, houses are enlivened and the Ghats tidied up. This is viewed as the most eco-accommodating celebration, as indicated by preservationists.
It is otherwise called Surya Shashti, Chhathi and Dala Chhath. It falls on 'Kartika Shukla Shashti' which is the 6th day of 'Kartika' month in the 'Vikram Samvat'.
This year, 2019, Chhath Puja falls on Thursday, the second of November. As indicated by the Panchang, the dawn on Chhath Puja Day is at 06:33 am and dusk is at 05:36 pm.
Shashthi tithi Begins-00:50 (02nd November)
Shashthi tithi Ends-01:31 am (03rd November)
Customs and Traditions
Day 1 - Nahan Khan/Nahaye Khaye - Devotees take a dunk promptly toward the beginning of the day at the waterway ghats and afterward convey back water from this stream, which is utilized in the readiness of the sacred contributions to the Sun God. On the main day, just a single supper is eaten.
Day 2 - Kharna/Lohanda - The ladies of the house quick for the whole day and break the quick simply after dusk with kheer made of jaggery and puris, subsequent to offering it to the Sun God first. After this, begins the start of a 36 hour quick, where the ladies don't drink even a taste of water.
Day 3 - Pehla Arghya/Sandhya Arghya (Evening contributions) - This is the hardest day of the quick, as the ladies neither beverage water nor expend any nourishment the whole day. This day is committed to Chhathi Maiya. At nightfall, the ladies of the house are joined by all relatives to offer 'Sandhya Arghya' and take plunges in the blessed waters of Ganga, Kosi and Karnali. This is done till the sun sets.
Day 4 - Doosra Arghya/Usha Arghya (Morning contributions) - This is the last day of the Chhath Puja. Lovers assemble at the stream ghats in the first part of the day and offer 'Arghya' to the rising sun, after which they end their quick. The family all gets together to appreciate the banquet that pursues.
Chhath Puja 2019 Ritual
- Nahay-Khay: Thursday, 31 October 2019
- Lohanda and Kharna - Friday, 1 November 2019
- Sandhya Argh - Saturday, 2 November 2019
- Suryodaya/Usha Argh and Paran - Sunday, 3 November 2019
The legend related with Chhath Puja
There are two legends related with this celebration, one that goes back to the Ramayana and one to Mahabharata.
- At the point when Lord Rama came back to Ayodhya after his outcast; being a relative of the Sun God, he, alongside Sita, watched a quick out of appreciation for the Sun God and broke it on the following day, at the break of first light. This ceremonial has been trailed by the others throughout the years.
- Karna, the noticeable legendary character, in Mahabharata, is said to be the child of the Sun God and Kunti. He would strictly offer his petitions to the Sun God while remaining in the water and would then disseminate 'prasad' among the poor. Fans do a similar today.
- It is additionally accepted that Draupadi alongside the Pandavas, played out a comparable puja on the counsel of Sage Dhaumya, to win their Kingdom once again from the Kauravas.
This celebration additionally denotes the festival of the new reap from which products of the soil produce are offered to the Sun God.
For more information consult our Astrologer now at +91 9911301976
Solve your every problem just have a call at the number now. Talk to our astrologer solve your financial, educational, career, love, marriage and many more problems just have consultancy from our astrologer and talk them now …